This Fishing guide will demonstrate everything you may need to pick up MapleStory 2 Fishing Proficiency.
MapleStory 2 is filled with plenty of intriguing quests and one of the most adorable is fishing. Let's move on to how you should begin with your fishing journey in MapleStory 2. The first thing you need to prepare is a fishing rod.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Finding A Fishing Rod
There is no doubt that you must have yourself a fishing rod before getting started on fishing. The approach to acquiring a fishing pod is progressing in the side quest or buying one from a Fishing Supplies Dealer in Tria or Evansville.
After that it's pretty simple, just looking for some water area and double-click on it after outfitting with the fishing rod. Using your keyboard keys to plot where you prefer to throw the bait and finally pressing the space bar casts your rod.
Once a fish bites your bait, you must keep tapping the spacebar so that the fish stays in the twinkling area until the meter fills up.
If you prefer doing this automatically than fishing manually, you can unlock and apply auto-fishing option by purchasing merits or coupons.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Fishing Locations
Finding places to fish is fairly simple, you just need to find ample pools of water. Other than that you can fish in lava, venom and oil too. Some dungeons too have special fish that you can’t get anywhere else so you should definitely be casting you rod any and everywhere you can.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Fishing Proficiency
Fishing Master regulates what kinds of fishes and items players can garner. The below chart is the full tier of Fishing Master levels:
|Fishing Mastery Level||Fishing Mastery Value|
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Earning Fishing Master Points
Fishing Master Points are earned by catching a fish you haven't caught before. How many points you get vary by what rank the fish you caught up is. The points you will get are:
- Normal: 2 Points
- Rare: 4 Points
- Exceptional: 6 Points
- Epic: 8 Points
Points are also gained by fishing in areas that match your current Fishing Master level. Whenever your level goes up the amount of fish you need to catch goes up by 2, so it's better to fish in high-rank areas.
Prize Fishes are also valuable as they bring you points identical to what you will get from catching a fish for the first time.
Below is the number of points you can get by catching new fish divided by level:
|Fishing Mastery Level||Total Points|
Since there are 1,000 total points to obtain, players will need to get 398 more points after catching all the fishes for the first time.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Unknown Fish Locations
You can find locations to every single fish here.
Below are the fishes with unknown locations.
List of fish with Unknown locations:
- Pineapple Fish: Appeared in the ocean around Harang Island
- Star Candy Crab: Appeared in the ocean around Harang Island
- Broccoturtle: Appeared in the Turtcoli Cave sub-map in the Royal Road Plaza map. Entrance is next to the ladder east of the binoculars.
- Horse Mackerel: Appeared in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
- Black Drum: Appeared in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
- Tiger Prawn: Appeared in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
- Toxic Flounder: Appeared in the Development Lab sub-map in the Goldus Pharmaceuticals map
- Sorrowfish: Appeared in the Development Lab sub-map in the Goldus Pharmaceuticals map
- Machodile: Appeared in the Van Corta dungeon
- Seahorus: Appeared in the Horus’s Nest dungeon, the second map after you enter
Master ranked fish with Unknown locations:
- Masked Parexus: Found in the Blueshade Cave dungeon
- Treelacanth: Appeared in the Ludible Time Hall dungeon inside the Primeval Jungle/Past Henesys sub-maps
- Pyromander: Appeared in The Fire Dragon hard dungeon
- Golden Koi: Appeared in the Ludible Time Hall dungeon inside the Primeval Jungle/Past Henesys sub-maps
- Footballfish: Appeared in the unreleased Chaos Morc raid
- Vilequill: Appeared in the Temple of Immortals hard dungeon
Did the guide help you? Was anything mentioned inaccurate? Let us know in the comments.
How will you prep up for upcoming Dungeon Conquest without requisite equipment? Don't worry about that, here is a cure for all your troubles. MMOAH.com has been dedicated to the MS 2 Mesos' transactions for months since it had been released. And Prove himself as one of the cheapest product on the market when it comes to MapleStory 2 Mesos. Not only the product itself seduced thousands of players placing their orders on the website, but the service, especially the delivery of its products intrigued more and won against other companies. MMOAH is definitely the best place to buy MapleStory 2 Mesos. Need some, purchase now from here.